Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Portrait 3 - Self portrait "The Romantic" Sovereign Studio

As part of my Personal Portrait Project, I will be doing several self portraits. This one, "The Romantic" is first cab off the rank.

Was it painful. Yes it was. The challenge of trying to get the desired pose and emotional connection with oneself was quite an uphill battle!  Definitely a battle that requires a long term commitment - as it's an important one - it is SO important to put yourself in the place of your subjects, and experience what they do.  As such I'm committed to doing several more of these during this project.

On to the meaning!  I have come to realise over the years, even though I never thought of myself as a mushy, sentimental romantic, that I am nothing short of that.  I love love, and I love that I am able to be involved in so much of it as part of my job.  So here's to LOVE! (and having the first self portrait done!)

(It didn't kill me, so it must have made me stronger!)

3 comments:

  1. Nice one, Kate! You look really pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how tough it must be to do this one, but the connection is there. Love it!

    ReplyDelete