Monday, April 25, 2011

Portrait 4 - Megan "Vintage Lace"

The fourth portrait in my Personal Portrait Project is of Megan, whom I first saw model in a local competition, and whom I've since come to know and work with as the amazingly talented owner of Liebe Bluhm vintage fashion collection.

I've always loved the portrait "A Much Screened Lady" (Gloria Swanson by Edward Steichen) which I saw at the Vanity Fair exhibition.  Since I saw the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery this particular image has certainly been one of the (many beautiful) images that has stayed with me.  As part of this project I am taking the opportunity to do my own homage to some of my favourite portraits, and when I thought of Megans portrait, this image lept to the forefront of my mind.  The image was shot at Sovereign Studio (Kate Luke Photography headquarters!), using beautiful natural light.

Megan is a very beautiful, delicate woman, and like her Grandmothers lace scarf that she is photographed behind in this image, she is also full of character, charm and grace.

I originally pictured this image in black and white, like the original - but when the image was made I also loved it in colour.  Decisions aren't my forte - SO! here are both the colour & B&W versions of this beautiful image - I love them - I hope you do too!

Megan "Vintage Lace" Copyright Kate Luke Photography 2011
Megan "Vintage Lace" Copyright Kate Luke Photography 2011

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kate! I love them both equally! Megan is absolutely beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this series of yours, Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate!! These are AMAZING!! By far my most favourite work of yours ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, I saw this photo at Photo Access and loved it! I personally like it better in colour, I think you need the colour of her eye and pink in her cheeks and lips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ellory - much appreciated!! I think that's why I ended up printing the colour version for the exhibition, Megan looks just lovely in colour :-)

    ReplyDelete