Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Portrait 5: Ed - Artist

The fifth portrait in my Personal Portrait Project is of Ed, a local Photomedia Artist.  I've known Ed for several years, having met through PhotoAccess where Ed works.

I've always been struck by Eds natural charisma.  An incredibly talented person, Ed is also extremely generous with his knowledge.  The list of people that Ed has shared his knowledge of photography with and inspired through his work would be an immense one.  I feel very privileged to have been able to photograph Ed with his friend Kevin le Chien - not only as he's such a great subject, but as it's not long before Ed heads off overseas to live.

The portrait we created aims to portray Ed as I know him, a beautiful artistic soul, who has sparked inspiration for the art of photography in countless people.  I think there's a beautiful balance between strength and vulnerability in this portrait.

Thanks Ed, from all whom know you and have gained so much from the experiences we've shared with you, Germany is lucky to be getting you and is sure to find you as inspiring as we all have in Australia.

Copyright Kate Luke Photography 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment